This evening I went over with Juliana to Tanja's and she had all the foreigners from her team along with the foreigners from my team over to her house for fish and potatoes. It was really great fish!! YUM - We didn't end up eating dinner until around 9:30 p.m., so that was kind of late to eat, but it all worked out great.
The rest of the evening was spent chilling. Juliana and I listened to another message online which was awesome :)
Here are the notes:
Wide Awake Series – Message #2
Life With God
“Earth is crammed with heaven, and every common bush afire with God. And only he who see takes off his shoes.” Elizabeth Barrett Browning
A. Life over God
B. Life from God – Health and Wealth Gospel; you want something from God
C. Life under God – Legalism – doing everything “just right”; unhealthy fear of God
LIFE WITH GOD – is the answer
How to practice life with God:
1. Look for God even in the small moments.
· Every moment is crammed with God’s presence.
· “The Sacred Journey” – Frederick Buechner
· Psalm 16:8 – “I have set the Lord always before me.”
· The cross is the center of our faith; grace doesn’t just happen once it is the center of our relationship with God.
2. Step out in faith.
· Hebrews 11:1-6
· Stepping out in faith forces you to rely on God and depend on Him in ways you may normally not.
3. Don’t mis-label your entire life as coincidence.
· 1 Corinthians 2:9
· “When God Winks” by Squire Rushnell
I was reminded of this acronym from a message from a friend I sent a little under a year ago:
January 16th - "Jesus Calling"
COME TO ME, and rest in My loving Presence. You know that this day will bring difficulties, and you are trying to think your way through those trials. As you anticipate what is ahead of you, you forget that I am with you—now and always . Rehearsing your troubles results in experiencing them many times, whereas you are meant to go through them only when they actually occur. Do not multiply your suffering in this way! Instead, come to Me and relax in My Peace. I will strengthen you and prepare you for this day, transforming your fear into confident trust.
Matthew 11:28-30 - Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”